Oil country tubular limited [octl] processes oil country tubular goods required for the oil drilling and exploration industry. Octl`s product range consists of drill pipe, heavy weight drill pipe, drill collars, production tubing, casing, tool joints, couplings, pup joints, nipples, subs, and cross overs. Oil country tubular limited has been assessed and certified by the american petroleum institute quality registrar [apiqr] as being in compliance with iso 9001:2000 quality system. Octl heavy weight drill pipe consists of two extra long tool joints and one central heavy wall tube.
The following are its salient features:
1. octl heavy weight drill pipe is manufactured in compliance with api specification 7 and api rp 7g.
2. thread roots are cold worked on all sizes for durability.
3. all connections are phosphatized to help prevent galling during make-up
4. hardbanding is standard on tool joint connections and central upset to optimize wear resistance
5. each heavy weight drill pipe joint is fully inspected by an ultrasonic unit full length.
6. spiral heavy weight drill pipe consists of three spiral upsets equally spaced between the tool joints.
7. spiral heavy weight drill pipe features more weight per foot and better hole cleaning characteristics than standard heavy weight drill pipe, providing optimum performance in severe drilling conditions.