Oil country tubular limited [octl] processes oil country tubular goods required for the oil drilling and exploration industry. Octl`s product range consists of drill pipe, heavy weight drill pipe, drill collars, production tubing, casing, tool joints, couplings, pup joints, nipples, subs, and cross overs. Oil country tubular limited has been assessed and certified by the american petroleum institute quality registrar [apiqr] as being in compliance with iso 9001:2000 quality system. Octl offers a complete range of drill pipe with tool joints attached according to api specification. The following are its unique features:
1. octl drill pipe and tool joints are manufactured from the finest quality steel available.
2. plain end pipes and tool joint forgings are ordered to specific metallurgical chemistries heat-treated pipe is tested for tensile and impact properties
3. hardness of every tool joint is checked by brinell hardness tester and recorded.
4. threads are precision machined on cnc lathes.
5. all connections are inspected for thread Parameters and phosphatized either with zinc or manganese for antigalling treatment.
6. tools joints are attached to the drill pipe tube by friction welding 7. precision machining and grinding provides a surface finish that is free of stress risers.
8. complete documentation is provided with each shipment detailing the full quality control records like quality clearance certificate
9. internal plastic coating of drill pipe improves the performance and life of the drill pipe.
10. drill pipe is thermal cleaned and the internal surface is blasted with grit for a good anchor pattern preparatory to coating.
11. finished drill pipe is externally coated with rust preventive varnish, attached with thread protectors and skid bundled