Product Profile of Liquid/ Gas Flow Measuring Rotameter
Liquid/ Gas Flow Measuring Rotameter consists of a tube and float that response to flow rate changes in linear motion. The Rotameter is used to measure the flow rate of liquids and gases. The Rotameter operates with a float that is directly proportional to the flow rate. The Liquid/ Gas Flow Measuring Rotameter is suitable for use in various industrial applications.
Liquid/ Gas Flow Measuring Rotameter is manufactured by Apple Automation & Sensor. Apple Automation & Sensor also manufactures a wide range of industrial process instruments that include proximity sensor, optical sensor, relay card, special sensor, flow switch, tower lamp, power supply, panel accessories and relay.
Key Features of Liquid/ Gas Flow Measuring Rotameter
- It consists of a tube and float. The float response to flow rate changes is linear.
- As fluid flow raises a float in a tapered tube, increasing the area for passage of the fluid. The greater the flow, the higher the flow is raised.
- The height of the float is directly proportional the flow rate. With liquids, the float is raised by a combination of the buoyancy of the liquid and the velocity head of the fluid.
- With gases, buoyancy is negligible, and the float responds to the velocity head alone.
- The float moves up or down in the tube in proportion to the fluid and the annular area between the float and the tube wall.
- The float reaches a stable position in the tube when the upward force exerted by the flowing fluid equals the downward gravitational force exerted by the weight of the float.