Product Profile of Single & Twin Cylinder Marine Engine
Gujarat forgings limited [gfl] manufactures the marine engine [single & twin cylinder]. These engines are widely used for agriculture, irrigation and industrial purposes. Gfl is an iso 9001: 2000 company certified by the tuv-rheinland. Gfl is having the is:11170 and is:10001 [isi mark for product quality] for its engines and is also approved from dgs&d & nsic. The marine engine can be of single & twin cylinder type. It has the following unique features:
- Vertical, double cylinder, water cooled, totally enclosed variable speed compression ignition type with four stroke cycle cold start diesel engine
- Engine is fitted with a wet type disc clutch capable of transmitting full engine torque continuously in forward drive
- Reverse rotation is effected through a tram of bevel gears
- Open type combustion in the aluminium alloy piston.
- High speed diesel is supplied to the fuel pump by gravity feed through an efficient replaceable paper element type main filter.
- Engine moving parts are lubricated partly by force feed and partly by splash lubrication. Cooling is arranged for run through water supply in cylinder block & head. A specially designed sea water pump provided for circulation, along with engine.
- A sensible centrifugal type governor is mounted on camshaft gear
- Standard rotation is clockwise looking at the flywheel side, anti-clockwise rotation can be provided on demand.
- Engine is designed for starting by hand
- Standard power take off is from flywheel side
- Air cleaner, silencer, variable speed arrangement screw driver, marine gear box, sea water circulation pump, frame for engine and gear box are the standard accessories