Product Profile of Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate
Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate is generally used as salt which is also known as Chinese salt. The Monosodium Glutamate is widely used in Chinese cuisine as well in other cuisines for taste enhancement. Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate is supplied by Mac Chem Corporation.
Mac Chem Corporation, an ISO 9001 and HACCP accredited company, supplies various types of food ingredients, neutracuticals and chemicals like pharmaceutical ingredient, chemical ingredient, active pharmaceutical ingredient, food chemical ingredient, etc. The Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate contains minimum 99% assay.
Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate has the following specifications:
- Appearance : White colour free flowing crystals or crystalline powder
- Colour in solution : Transparent
- Odour : typical MSG mono sodium glutamate
- Assay : 99.0% min [as monosodium glutamate monohydrate]
- PH : 6.7-7.2 [5.0% solution]
- Specific rotation : +24.8% - +25.3%
- Loss on drying [105c, 5hrs] : 0.5% max
- Solubility : 74g /100ml water at 25 degrees Celsius, 105.0g/100ml water at 60°C
- Chloride: 0.041% max. [as Cl]
- Arsenic: 0.5ppm max. [as As]
- Heavy metals [as Pb]: 10ppm max.
- Sieve analysis : 8-100 mesh
- Standard plate count: 5,000/g max.
Product Specification of Crystal/ Powder Type Monosodium Glutamate
- Appearance:White color free flowing crystals or crystalline powder
- Arsenic:0.5ppm max. (as As)
- Heavy Metals:10ppm max.
- pH:6.7-7.2 (5.0% solution)
- Assay:99.0% min (as monosodium glutamate monohydrate)
- Chloride:0.041% max. (as Cl)
- Lead:10ppm max.
- Loss on Drying:0.5% max