Product Profile of Extraction Thimbles
Cole-Parmer offers Seamless, high-purity filters for extraction and air monitoring. Thimble filters are used in soxhlet apparatus for dust sampling, and for extracting soluble components using organic solvents. Thimbles are made of cellulose, glass fibre, PTFE or silica fibre. Cellulose Thimbles are suitable for extraction of organic compounds and dust sampling. Lipid content is <0.1% by weight; thickness is 1.5 mm.
With more than 50 yrs. Of experience, Cole-Parmer is a global leader in supplying fluid handling, life science, and general laboratory products, instrumentation, and equipment to the Biotech, Chemical, Academics, Environmental, Food, and Print Industries. Offering a wide selection of products and instrumentation, Cole-Parmer, an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, works with R&D, pilot plant and production, specializing in providing scale-up assistance. With a mix of proprietary products and strategic partnering with leading manufacturers, Cole-Parmer’s business is highly diversified across a spectrum of products, consumables, services and solutions.
Applications of Extraction Thimbles:
- No. 84 - Cellulose Thimbles: Suitable for Soxhlet type extractions or dust sampling. Lipid content <0.1% by weight.
- No. 86R - Glass Fibre Thimbles: Made of strong borosilicate glass fibres, resistant to high temperatures 500 Degree C and most acids.
- No. 88R, 88H - Silica Fibre Thimbles: Made of quartz fibres, resistant to temperatures up to 1000 Degree C. Tapered for easy stack sampler loading.
- No. 89, 89S - PTFE and PTFE/Silica Fibre Thimbles: Durable, temperature-resistant thimble with minimal trace metals
- Analysis of fats, oils, grease, organics, pesticides in food and soil material, pollutants and additives in plastic/rubber materials.
Key Features of Extraction Thimbles
- High-purity filters for extraction and air monitoring.
- Used in soxhlet apparatus for dust sampling, and for extracting soluble components using organic solvents.
- Made of cellulose, glass fibre, PTFE or silica fibre.
- Cellulose Thimbles are suitable for extraction of organic compounds and dust sampling.
- Lipid content is <0.1% by weight; thickness is 1.5 mm.
Product Specification of Extraction Thimbles
- Material:Filter Material - Cellulose
- Weight:3.6 (g/m2)
- Nominal Rating:8µm
- Efficiency:Collection Efficiency - 89 (%, 0.3 µm DOP)