Product Profile of Electric Brake Motors
Navyug Electric Motors & Pumps Limited manufactures Electric Brake Motors. Navyug Electric Motors & Pumps Limited is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company that offers electric motors, flame proof motors, induction motors, energy induction motor efficient, dual speed motors, etc. The Electric Brake Motors are used in various applications requiring almost instantaneous stopping of the driven load. These motors are offered in frame sizes 63 to 225m. Their operations are of `fail safe` type, i.E. The brake is applied, when, power to the motor is switched off, or, if power failure occurs. The Brake Motor is an integral combination of an A.C. Induction motor and a disc type, fail safe, electromagnetic brake unit.
Electric Brake Motors consists of the following:
- Encapsulated brake coil housed in the non-driving end End-shield.
- Brake liner attached to the armature disc at its interface with the cooling fan
- The rectifier unit is provided inside the Terminal Box. It converts A.C. Supply into D.C supply for Brake coils.
Special Features of Electric Brake Motors are:
- Being simple and rugged-in construction, these motors need very little maintenance. In the rare events of failure, repair is simple and easy
- No separate D.C supply is necessary for brake coil energisation, because a rectifier unit is provided. The rectifier is open type and fixed between the two terminals inside the terminal box. Being open type, it ensures good heat dissipation and is very easy to replace.
- Special brake liner is used, which ensures that the braking torque value remains quite stable thought the use. Compensation for liner wear is easily done by advancing the position of the fan by tightening the castle nut at the non-drive end. The design of Brake motor facilitates a very easy replacement of armature disc and brake linear assembly.
- Since the fan serves as a braking surface [unlike some other designs]. It also serves to cool the Brake coil and the motor. These Brake Motors being fan-cooled are available in smaller frame sizes than other brake motors which are surface-cooled. Therefore, these motors are more compact and economical for a given application.
- For crane and hoist duty applications Brake Motors are offered with special rotors. These rotors are specially suited for S3 and S4 duty normally encountered in hoist and range applications.
- We also provide special tailor made mounting with spindled o/p shaft.
Applications areas of Electric Brake Motors are:
- Cement concrete batching plants
- Material Handling Equipments
- Leather Processing Machines