Product Profile of Semi-Precision 3Mm High Frequency Sub Miniature Connectors
Oritron Electronics Corporation offers Semi-precision 3mm High Frequency Sub Miniature Connectors. Oritron Electronics Corporation manufactures all types of RF Connectors including BNC, TNC, N, UHF, MINUHF, SMA, SMB, HN, MHV, SHV, VHV, OEC [1.6/5.6] and Inter Series Adapters. Semi-precision 3mm High Frequency Sub Miniature Connectors belong to ORITRON SMA series RF connectors and are characterized by a 1/4"-36 mating thread and a butt mating outer contact. The SMA connector was originally conceived for 0.141" semi-rigid cable, but the concept has broadened to accommodate cables from 0.047" to 0. 250" OD both semi-rigid and flexible. It provides repeatable electrical performance from 0 to 18 GHz and is widely used in microwave systems and subsystems where minimum attenuation and low VSWR are required.
Product Specification of Semi-Precision 3Mm High Frequency Sub Miniature Connectors
- Dielectric Withstand:500 to 1500 vrms dependent on cable
- Frequency Range:Semi-rigid cables: 0 - 18
Flexible cables: 0 - 12.4
- Insulation Resistance:5000
- Nominal Impedance:50
- Voltage Rating:355 to 500 vrms dependent on cable
- Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR):In accordance with MIL-C-39012 Dependent upon cable used and design of connector
Typical VSWR, For straight cable connectors: Cable RG-420 (.141) (connector w/o contact): 1.035 + .005 F (GHz)
RG-402 (.141)(connector with contact): 1.05 + .01 F (GHz)
RG-405 (.086): 1.07 + .01 F (GHz)
- Radio-Frequency (RF) Leakage:Dependent upon cable and connector
-60 to -90 dB min, between 2-3 GHz
- Insertion Loss:Dependent on cable and connector - 12 dB
- Contact Resistance:Centre contact (when suppplied): 3
Outer contact: 2
- Mating:0. 250-36 threaded coupling
- Cable Retention:10 to 60 lbs. depending on cable and connector
Centre Contact Retention: 6 lbs. min. axial force.
Applicable to captivated centre contact connectors only.
- Mating Torque:Coupling Nut: 7-10 inch pounds
- Connector Durability:500 cycles min.
- Temperature Range:-85°F to +329 °F (-65 °C to +165 °C)